Rotary Brush 32 in (80 cm) 24v Electric Powered
- Designed to clean solar panels, vinyl, and aluminum siding
- It is a mobile, hand-controlled scrubbing brush designed to be controlled by an operater from 5 to 25 feet away
- Electric powered brushes save considerable time compared to traditional waterfed pole brushes
- Requirements: 24v Power Supplied by Battery system and 1.7 to 2.5 gallons per minute consumption
- Powered by 24v Power Source this Rotary Brush can be used with tap water pressure or the feed water can be boosted using a wash pump or small pressure washer
Rotary Brush 32 in (80 cm) Electric Powered (24v)
For Cleaning Large Surfaces, solar Panels, Atrium Glass, large flat surfaces.
- 24v Power Source
- 1.5 to 2.5 Gallons per minute consumption
- Max. Water Temperature: 104° F (40° C)
Example Hose Connection for Water-Fed pole and Garden Hose connection
Powering the 24v Brush with a Battery Setup
Two 12v Batteries can be wired in Series
This will create a 24v circuit for running the brush
24v Batteries are commonly available
This LifePO battery will last longer than a lead acid battery
A Clipped connector to a 24 battery would allow for easy removal of the battery for charging
Wiring Kits are available to ease the wiring of two 12v batteries into 24v circuit
Use the proper connectors to attache the power Cable to the Battery/Power Source
Use a 24v Battery Charger to make the charging easy to manage
There are a varierty of charges availabel, you want an "autmatic with at least 7.5 amps of 24v capacity to charge overnight
If you have a good 12v power source already you can install a DC 12V to DC 24V Step Up Converter
elect a Step up Converter Regulator that is capable of 10Amps at 24v
Battery and Power Systems shown above - Not Included with the Rotary Brush
Instructions for Use:
- Connect the brush to the telescopic pole or pressure washer lance.
- Position the unit on the surface to be cleaned.
- Open the water valve on the telescopic lance.
- Turn on the Power Switch to the desired rotation direction
- Begin cleaning the surface.
Stopping the Brush - Turning off the cleaning
- Close the telescopic lance’s valve.
- Turn off the Switch from the Power Supply/Battery
- Turn off the water supply
- Open the telescopic lance’s valve to discharge the residual pressure.
Wiring Kit with Directional Switch
This wiring Kit is available as
The kit contains a 66ft of cable from the battery/power source to the swicth and another 33 ft of cable from the swicth to the brush connector.
The ends that connect to the battery will need to have the correct Terminals attached to accomodate the battery connections.
Wiring Kit Sold Separately
Connecting to a Pressure Washer Extension Wand
When using an Extension Wand that has an M22 Male Tip on the end. Then to attach the 24v powered brush be sure to order a Female to Female M22 Fitting to connect the brush to the extension wand
Specifications:Width: 31.5 in.(800mm)
Diameter: 5.9 in. (150mm)
Weight: 14 lbs (6.3Kg)
Bristle: 0.6 in. (15mm)
Attachment: M22 x 15mm Connector
CLEANING COATED OR PAINTED SURFACES
Using water on glued parts may cause them to become detached. Do not use the unit on wood floors or parquet that are not well-sealed.
Be careful when cleaning doors, parquet, painted surfaces or surfaces coated with synthetic products, and aluminum panels.
Before using the brush, we advise performing a test on a portion of the surface that is not in view, to prevent damage or alterations during cleaning.
PRODUCTS TREATED – HANDLED OR GENERATED
The Solar Panels treated with the brush should be comprised of modules with a maximum tilt of 35°.
Verify in the photovoltaic system’s operating manual the type of brushes that can be used for cleaning it, so as not to cause abrasions on the panels’ film.
It is important to avoid all operating situations that could cause repeated and unexpected stops of the brush’s rotation, such as those specified below:
- In the case of surfaces comprised of panels, the maximum distance between them must be 3 cm to prevent the unit from dropping into the empty space between one panel and the next.
- The surfaces must be as free as possible of protruding bodies such as long screws, brackets, and terminals, which could obstruct brush rotation or rip out its bristles.
- The unit is not designed to withstand heavy accidental impacts, such as those caused by being dropped, or those that are less intense but repetitive, such as those resulting from operating in stepped areas.
- It is also very important that the operating pressure not exceed the maximum value indicated in the “Technical Specifications” in order to prevent excessively high rotation speeds from causing premature wear of the unit’s mechanical parts.
- When not in operation, never allow the unit’s weight to rest on the rollers’ bristles so as not to bend them.