F9 Calcium and Efflorescence Remover is breakthrough in the restoration and cleaning industry. F9 Calcium and Efflorescence Remover is a user friendly, full 31.45% strength muriatic acid replacement. This product combines a buffered, pleasant smelling acid along with an excellent soaping capability to work better at lower concentrations. F9 Calcium and Efflorescence Remover gives the user the advantage of a full strength product while greatly reducing fuming and corrosion, thereby improving overall health and safety risk profile.
Product Features: -Does not Burn Intact Skin -Up to 95% Less Fumes than Full Strength HCL Acid -Works Better than Full Strength Muriatic Acid with Less Harmful Effects -Quickly Removes Efflorescence, Calcium, Calcium Carbonate and -Hard Water Stains
Uses: Concrete and Masonry: Use to clean efflorescence and calcium. At stronger concentrations, use to etch concrete in preparation for painting or coatings. At diluted ratios, use as a general cleaner. Removes excess mortar from brick and mud stains.
Application instructions: Always Add Acid to Water, NOT Water to Acid
Pre-Cleaning: If necessary, power wash surface to be cleaned using a commercial grade pressure washer, degreaser and surface cleaner to remove oil and debris. An alkaline concrete cleaner may be used. Rinse well. Cleaning the concrete first will remove loose dirt and debris, clearing the path for better cleaning.
Dilution Ratios (Water to Product): For Concrete, Brick, Paver, Grout & Masonry
Thick Calcium Stains and Concrete Prep for Coatings: 1:1 up to 4:1 Medium Calcium Stains: 4:1 up to 8:1 Light Calcium Stains: 8:1 to 12:1 Powdery Efflorescence Cleaning 12:1 General Cleaning 8:1
Cleaning Instructions: For Concrete, Brick, Paver, Grout & Masonry
1. Add 1 part F9 Calcium and Efflorescence Remover to proper ratio of water
(Since F9 has many uses, it is up to the Applicator to determine proper dilution ratios. F9 can be applied straight up to a 12:1 dilution). Always pour cold water into the bucket first, then add product. Always test first to confirm compatibility and desired strength. THIS CAN ETCH MASONRY. ALWAYS TEST FIRST!
2. Mist surface with water so it is damp, but not puddling.
3. Spray product on surface to be cleaned using a pump up sprayer, hand held sprayer or the F9 Hand Carry Electric Sprayer. Surface should foam immediately. Let dwell 20 seconds to 3 minutes. Do not let product dry.
4. Scrub surface as necessary with a hard bristled brush or broom. Let dwell another 1-15 minutes. Neutralize surface. Power wash with fan tip or surface cleaner if needed. Do not let product dry.
5. Analyze results, repeat application if needed and adjust dilution according to desired results.
6. Several mild individual applications are better than one overpowering dose. Always pressure wash and flush the surface after application
Coverage on Porous Surfaces: One gallon of F9 Efflorescence and Calcium Remover covers 200-400' of porous masonry and up to 1,200' of sealed or non-porous masonry. Application rates will vary depending on the amount of staining, porosity of the substrate and if the surface was sealed.
Suitable Substrates: F9 Efflorescence and Calcium Remover can be used on a variety of surfaces, including concrete, bricks, pavers, limestone, sandstone, riverstone, exposed aggregate, stucco, shingles, EIFS, glass, synthetic stone, anodized aluminum, unpolished marble and other surfaces.
Unsuitable Substrates: May not be suitable for polished or glazed surfaces. Not for use on metallic or other synthetic coatings or films. Do not use on acrylic and polycarbonate sheet glazing. Always perform a test to ensure compatibility.
Always test a small area first to confirm compatibility.