Unger HydroPower Filters
To clean windows with a water fed pole, you have to have pure water, which can be produced using either a DI (deionization) only system, or an RO/DI (reverse osmosis/deionization) water purification system.
DI tanks, like the the Unger Hydro Power Ultra, are quite a bit less expensive initially than that of an RODI systems. They can be a good option if you are only going to be cleaning a few windows per week and the water in your area has a low (150 or less) TDS (total dissolved solid) reading. The issue is that DI resin is expensive, so if you're going to be using a lot of it, an RODI system will save you money in the long run.
It's the easiest and most efficient system on the market.
It's compact design makes it easy to transport and move around on the jobsite.
It's the longest lasting pure water system, producing 30% more output than competitive systems. That means less downtime due to resin changes.
Its built-in TDS meter makes it easy to read when your resin needs to be changed.
- It produces commercial-grade zero TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) pure water for site glass cleaning and other applications that utilize deionized water.
- Its QuickChange Resin Canisters make resin changes a breeze, allowing users to change resin in less than 30 seconds.
- Its FloWater Technology ensures more efficient water flow, improving resin efficiency and increasing its lifetime.
- It features FastLock Opening for quick, easy, and safe locking and opening of the filter.
1. Use the TDS meter on the DI system to check the mineral content of the water.
2. Remove the Ultra Resin packs:
- Close the water line
- Close the valve at the water in
- Open the valve again to let the pressure out of the system
- Remove the upper hose
- Remove the lid by pressing the yellow lever
- Take out the Ultra Resin pack
- Take one new green Ultra Resin pack
- Put the new Ultra Resin pack in using circular movements until it is completely in te tank
- Stamp the tank on the ground so that the resin can settle
- Check to make sure the resin pack is sitting flat on the inner edge
- Tap on the green frame to check correct fit.
- If it is not fitting correctly, stamp it on the floor again
- If it does fit, close the lid.
4. Reconnect the water line.
5. Connect water out to the upper valve.
6. Connect water in to the lower valve.
7. Vent the system.
8. Check the mineral content of the system.