DI vs RODI: Which one do I Need?
DI versus RODI: Which Do I Need?
The initial cost of a DI tank is quite a bit less than an RODI system. DI resin is expensive, which is why and RODI tank may pay off in the long run.
With an RODI system, the water first runs through an RO filter, removing about 98% of the water's impurities. Then the rest of the water goes through a DI filter, greatly reducing the amount and cost of DI resin in the long run.
RO membranes can last quite awhile, especially is the water first runs through a pre-filter. This is a carbon and/or sediment filter that water runs through before reaching the RO filter. So when you hear the term "3-phase system," it's referring to a system with a pre-filter, then an RO filter, and finally a DI filter.
When choosing whether you need a DI tank versus an RO/DI tank, there are a couple of things to consider.
1. What is the average TDS of the water you’re working with? If your water is measuring at 150 TDS or higher, you’re probably going to be better off with an RO/DI system. Using RO not only filters better, it reduces the amount of DI resin needed.
2. How often will you be cleaning with pure water? If you’re only cleaning with a water fed pole once or twice per week, then you may be able to get by with a DI system alone, like the Unger Hydro Power Ultra, even if your TDS is higher than 150. If you’re going to be cleaning daily, however, an RO/DI is probably a more cost-effective option.When choosing an RO//DI system, there are different models for different amounts of work. For example, we like the Pro Tool Eco Cart as an entry-level or residential RODI system. The Eco Cart 3-stage RODI cart is the best pure water bang-for-your-buck system out there.
For larger projects of higher frequency of use, we recommend the H2PRO Max, which has the largest filters on the market, meaning you'll get longer life and more bang for your buck. This professional yet easy- to-use cart-based water purification unit offers great performance in a compact format. The commercial pump offers a boost in psi where water pressure is low.
Which System Do I Need?
- Good choice for those in areas with 150 TDS or lower
- Produces commercial grade zero TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) purewater for site glass cleaning and other applications that utilize deionized water.
- QuickChange Resin Canisters allow users to change resin in less than 30 seconds.
- FloWater Technology ensures more efficient water flow, improving resin efficiency and increasing its lifetime
- FastLock Opening for quick and easy opening and locking of the filter. Safe, self locking mechanism has a pressure release valve
The ECO 3 stage RODI cart is the best pure- water bang-for-your-buck system out today, and the perfect entry-level RODI option.
- 40in RO Membrane offers great water flow
- Easy to Replace Carbon Filter
- Large DI Resin Cartridge is Refillable
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Easy to Use, Simple to Maintain
This is THE best RODI cart for use with larger projects or regular use. Featuring largest filters on the market, you'll get longer life to help you stay more productive on the job. This professional yet easy- to-use cart-based water purification unit offers great performance in a compact format. The commercial pump offers a boost in psi where water pressure is low.
- 500% longer Carbon filter life for fewer changes
- Best 40"x 4" RO membrane flow in the industry
- 75% more Resin than most systems for longer filter life and lower Resin replacement cost