Figure 8 Descender SMC
- One of the most popular full-sized descenders used by professionals
- 1/2 in thick, solid aluminum
- The oval carabiner hole doubles as a belay plate for up to 1/2' rope
- Machined from 1/2' aluminum, heat-treated and finished with a black hard-anodized finish for durability.
One of the most popular full-sized descenders used by professionals throughout the rescue, fire service, and police/tactical markets. Machined from 1/2 inch thick, solid aluminum, heat-treated bar then finished with a very tough, hard black anodized finish.
The carabiner hole functions effectively as a sticht plate for 1/2 inch rope, although this configuration does not provide sufficient friction when used with smaller diameter rope.
The ''ears'' help to eliminate the potential for the rope to slip up into a girth hitch, they also make it easier to ''tie off'' when on rappel.
The oval carabiner hole doubles as a belay plate for up to 1/2'' rope.
Machined from 1/2'' thick, solid aluminum, heat-treated bar and then finished with a very tough, hard-anodized finish for extra durability.
- Model #: NFPA128701 (Black), NFPA128702 (Grey)
- Material: Aluminum
- Finish: Hard-coat Anodized
- Dimensions: 6” x 5.25” x 0.5”
- Weight: 6.5 oz (184g)
- Max. Rope size: = 5/8" (16mm)
- NFPA1983 T Certified = 13.5kN (3034 lbf) - 9.5mm to 12.5mm Ropes
- NFPA1983 G Certified = 22kN (4945 lbf) - 11mm to 16mm Ropes
- Made In USA
- Mountain & Urban Rescue
- Industrial-Work related
- Tactical—Military & Law Enforcement
- Fire Departments
- Mountaineering & Caving
Certified by Underwriter’s Laboratories to exceed the NFPA 1983 “T” - Technical Use rating on 9.5mm to 12.5mm rope.
Certified by Underwriter’s Laboratories to exceed the NFPA 1983 “G” - General Use rating on 11mm to 16mm rope.