Petzl Descender ID
- Self Braking Descender with AntiPanic function
- For Work at Height and Rope Access
- AUTO-LOCK system allows users to easily position themselves
- Anti-panic function stops the descent automatically
- Used for lowering a person from an anchor.
$340.55 - $361.10
Petzl Descender ID S 7/16 ID L 1/2in
I’D® S - I’D® L
A Self-braking descender with anti-panic function.
Used for lowering a person from an anchor.
S on a 7/16in line
L on a 1/2in Line
The ergonomic handle is specifically oriented to offer a comfortable descent control. Includes an integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch to limit the risk of an accident due to panic or user error.
The self-braking I’D S descender is primarily designed for work at height and rope access work.
A rope descender with a brake that engages in the event the worker lets go of the controlling arm during the descent. Works on double braided kernmantle ropes. Can be locked for hands free work.
The AUTO-LOCK system allows the rope to be automatically locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the anchor.
Easy to use:
- Safety gate on the side plate allows the rope easily be installed while the ID remains connected to the anchor
- Rope installation is simple by following the rope guide and markings on the ID
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation
- Ergonomic handle releases the rope and enables comfortable control of the descent.
- Two possible descent modes: on the side plate or in the V-shaped friction channel.
- The handle is specifically oriented for managing a load from the anchor
- Anti-panic function stops the descent automatically if the user pulls too hard on the handle.
- AUTO-LOCK allows the rope to be locked without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device.
- The handle switches to storage position when the rope is removed from the device, reducing the risk of accidental snagging when the descender is carried on the harness
- Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle
- Open auxiliary brake allows the user to increase the friction in accordance with the weight of the load and the rope diameter, and to install or release a rope at any time
- Stainless steel wear plate improves durability by reinforcing the rope friction zone
Capacity: 550lbs (250kg)