ProTool Cerium Oxide Polishing Powder 3.5oz
- Cerium Oxide is the best polishing powder for glass polishing, Stain Removal, Restoration and light scratches as it offer both a chemical and physical reaction
- Particulaly heavy hard water stains can be removed and the glass returned to a high shine
- Easy to use, just mix powder with water and apply to the glass surface with the polishing felt to restore the surface
- Restore lightly scratched windows, mirrors, tabletops, windshields,glass tables, shower screens, windscreens, fish tanks, even car headlights to like-new condition.
- Condition: New Color: White Capacity: 100g - 3.5oz of polishing powder
Cerium Oxide Polishing Powder 3.5oz
For best performance, prepare your pad before first useing Cerium Oxcide and you can charge the pad again during use to adequately and efficiently polish your glass.
We recommend making a thin slurry the consistency of mud using a small amount of cerium and spreading that over the surface of your polishing pad when you first receive it. you can allow the pad to dry overnight and then use your pad with water when you are ready to polish.
Mix 1 part of cerium with 2 part water in a small squirt bottle and squeeze small amounts of the slurry into the center of your polishing pad as you work the pad on the surface.
Use just enough water to keep your pad moist as you work so you don’t burn the cerium onto your glass.
Don’t use very much cerium on the pad as too much cerium will begin to act as a lubricant instead of a polish.
Cerium Oxide Use Instructions:
- Water (Some recommend distilled water)
- Polishing backer plate (3in or 5in)
- Electric Drill or Powered Polisherher
- Small Plastic Tubs (Pint or quart size)
- Spray Bottle
Clean the area you're going to work on thoroughly. Be sure there is no dirt or grime on the glass, This is important as left over debris such as stucco or dirt may result in additional scratches once you start buffing.
Have two small plastic tubs ready; quart or pint sized containers work well. Fill one halfway with water.
Place The polishing pad on the vacker and deep the pad into the water; let it become thoroughly damp, but not dripping wet.
Put some of Cerium Oxide into the empty tub, and add enough water (about 2 to 1) to create a slurry (a thin, paste-like mixture).
Attach the dampened polishing pad to your electric drill or powered polisher and dip it into the slurry.
Place the polishing pad on your work area, use the smaller 3in size felt wheel if scrach is near corner of windowskeep the wheel moving in an up and down and circular motion.
Be sure that the slurry does not dry during use, as this could cause your glass to overheat and crack. If your slurry is becoming dry, you can spritz it with a spray bottle full of water.
1pc x Cerium Oxide Powder 100g / 3.5 oz
- Recommended for light hair line scratches, surface marks, hard water stains only.
- Working with Cerium Oxide can be messy!
- When buffing, there will be splatter.
- You may want to have to have supplies available to cover any area you don't want to have to clean later.